What a difference a month makes. And a couple of hard and fast deadlines.
Last month, I mentioned two of the most overwhelming “to-dos” on my list of 29 Things - running a half marathon and writing a short story.
Guess what? I signed up for a race and ran it. And, I decided to enter a writing contest with a 9/26 deadline and entered it.
It’s probably a no-brainer to you, but this girl is just now realizing the power of a deadline.
Now if only I would have set a deadline for catching a lightning bug.
Have a great Thursday, everyone! I’m off to set a few deadlines…..
Officially Fall. Apples, mums, cider and a half marathon completed.
Running to check number four off my list of 29.
What have you been up to over the past seven days?
A week at the beach helped me check off a few of my 29 Things.
I’m taking a break from 10 or Less Tuesdays this week, simply because I have more than that to say at the moment. Please feel free to share your Ten or Less anyway!!
This post is inspired by #14 on my 29 Things list.
I did, in fact, read a novel. Things I Want My Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble.
I liked the book. (Thanks for the suggestion, Melissa D.! It was the perfect vacation read.)
But more than I liked the book, I liked the idea of the book. I’m pretty sure my version of the story would have gone differently.
I started thinking about the things I want theBABY to know. Things about life. Things about me. Things about God. Things like….
On Being Our Daughter…
- theBOY and I have big dreams for her, but are fully committed to supporting her dreams.
- I was around before her, and yes, I do remember life before theBABY.
- Life is about more than the amount of stuff you can accumulate and the number of people who think you’re important.
- Take pleasure in life, but don’t let your pleasures take control of your life. If they do, turn your back on them.
- Always respect authority, but never blindly follow it.
- Some people will wish things for you that, when you’re honest with yourself, you don’t even want. Don’t let it trick you into thinking you do.
On Our Creator…
- God wants her to choose Him. And I do, too. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him. John 3:36
See you again next week…and I promise to only have 10 words for you!
Three point one is nothing. Thirteen point one? That’s SOMETHING!