Five things I discovered after having bigSIS and lilBRO…
1. Getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight does not also mean your pre-pregnancy pants will fit. Things shift. If you’re lucky, they’ll shift back within 9 months or so.
2. At about 12 weeks postpartum, your hair may start falling out. Like, a lot.
3. The first few days home with your new baby you may get sad over the most random stuff. And I do mean random. R-A-N-D-O-M.
4. Just because you carried a baby for nine (long) months and then delivered that baby does not mean you know what to do with it when it arrives. Read lots and ask questions. All babies are different, so you never know whose advice will be what you need to hear. Four different people told me random tidbits that I needed to know. I didn’t realize I needed to know when they told me, so just soak it all in. When you need to remember, you will.
5. If you’re anything like me, your perspective on life will do a 180. You’ll see everything differently. I could go on and on about how being a mom has changed me. I won’t tonight because I’m too tired, but I could.
Are you a mom with something to add to my list? I’d love to hear what you learned after having your baby.