And this is where Girl Grows Up gets real.
I’m not talking real-name real (let’s not get crazy, people). I’m talking real-life real.
Why? Because I often find myself on the “About” page of blogs that I discover, scouring the page for some hint that the writer is living a life similar to mine….someone I can relate to. So…
If you’re an exhausted mom to little ones, especially one who works outside of the home, I can relate.
If you’re a wife who wishes she had more time to spend with her husband, I can relate.
If you are a Believer who struggles with studying the Bible, putting others’ interests first, making this world make sense, oh how I can relate.
I’m a mom who is learning/making-it-up as I go.
A wife with not nearly enough time to spend with my husband.
A girl who just wants to paint her toenails instead of checking voicemail.
And a daughter to One who thankfully has unlimited grace, which I access daily.
My plan for Girl Grows Up is to post twice a week moving forward.
My first weekly post will be about something I’m learning, or trying, or struggling with – a glimpse at real life – and will fit into one of the following categories:
- My Simple Kitchen – stuff I actually make and serve my family…how I plan and shop for meals…how much I’d rather be sleeping than cooking.
- Being Mommy – anything related to motherhood fits into this category…potty training, pacifier wars, dance classes…still deciding on the dance classes.
- Stuff I Like – Of course I’ll still be sharing my favorite things with you . When something is too good to keep to yourself, it’s too good to keep to yourself!
- My Projects – every once in a while I find a DIY project that is simple enough to try. You’ll find those things in this category.
- theGIRL Writes – this is the place I’ll write about my faith and all those posts that I’m inspired to write that don’t fit into any of the other categories.
The second weekly post will be links to things I’ve found particularly inspiring or fun during the week. Maybe a great blog post or a new recipe or something I find on Pinterest.
I promise not to link to anything snarky or condescending. I’ve been directed to one too many posts by bloggers lately that have ended with me feeling icky. I won’t do that to you! I don’t find humor at the expense of others funny, nor do I think putting down others’ choices to elevate oneself is in any way productive.
And if you’ve been reading Girl Grows Up and this new direction doesn’t suit you, well, the beauty of the blog world is that you can quietly slip away without causing a ruckus. And I won’t hold it against you.
I do hope you’ll stick around, though, and even invite friends. I so appreciate that you spend time reading Girl Grows Up.
Tell me, what do you think about all this real-life stuff?